If you’re using the VentraIP cPanel web hosting nameservers, you may wish to add additional CNAME, A or TXT records to your DNS zone. To do this:
- Login to your cPanel service.
- Click on the Zone Editor.
- In here you can quickly add CNAME, A or MX records. For more options click Manage to the right of the domain you wish to edit.
- At the top of the page there will be an Add Record button. The white arrow on this button can be used to select which record to add.
- In the Valid Zone Name field enter your domain name or subdomain you want to create the record on.
- Set your TTL and record type as required. Usually the TTL can be left at 14400 unless otherwise specified.
- Enter the destination IP address/CNAME/TXT accordingly.
- Add Record.
You can add as many records as required; existing records may be edited or deleted on this page aswell. Please be aware that DNS records edited in here only work if the VentraIP cPanel web hosting nameservers are being used; if any other nameservers are being used on the domain name these records will not be applicable.
When DNS records are adjusted please allow up to 24 hours for DNS to propagate.