Before proceeding, you will need to obtain your FTP Login Details. Once you have done that, you can follow these steps to connect via FTP using PHPStorm.
- Open PHPStorm
- Hold CTRL + ALT + S to open the settings menu
- Click on Build, Execution, Deployment
- Click Deployment
- Click on the + icon, then select FTPS
- A dialog box will appear, asking you for the new server name. This is where you would input the name for the deployment environment.
- Once you have done that, you will be prompted for the following information:
- Host (Server Address)
- Port (leave as the default, 21)
- Once you have inputted the information, click Test Connection. As long as the details are correct, you will be prompted with a message telling you the test was successful.
- Click Apply
Once you have done that, you can upload files/folders by right clicking on them, then selecting Deployment > Upload to…