Installing and running Perl scripts in cPanel
Updated Friday February 5th 2021 / Category Web Hosting
Installing a Perl Module
- Log in to cPanel.
- Click on Perl Modules under Software.
- Under Find a Perl Module, input your search term.
- Click Go.
If you then want to install one of the Perl Modules, you can simply click Install next to your desired module.
Before running the script
- Add the following code to your .htaccess file, to ensure your Perl scripts are run correctly
AddHandler cgi-script .pl
- Ensure that your Perl script is located in the cgi-bin folder
You can locate the cgi-bin folder by navigating to the folder your website is in (usually public_html)
- Make sure your script starts with the following code, this will ensure that the script is run as a Perl script:
Making your script executable
chmod +x /path/to/perl/script.pl
Running your Perl script
There are two key ways a script can be run:
- Accessing the script via the web browser:
- Running the script via the command line