Powerful Australian hosting. Made easy.
- Backups Taken Every 6 Hours
- Ongoing Security Monitoring
- Performance Optimisation
- Software Updates & Installation
on our reliable infrastructure.
That means you have access to our team of Aussie experts 24 hours a day, 7 days per week and can give us a call or submit an eTicket at any time of the day or night.
Whether you need support ASAP or at 3am Sunday morning, we’ll get it done.
Once everything is setup a member of our senior team will then give you a call and walk you through everything you’ll need to know about your new product as well as answer any questions you may have.
We’ll even process all cPanel migrations from you old hosting environment at a time that suits you best! Let one of our web hosting experts know when they give you a call and we’ll schedule the migrations at a time that suits you best.
A VPS is a Virtual Private Server, it can also be referred to as “VDS” Virtual Dedicated Server. A VPS mimics the environment of a dedicated server but remains within a shared hosting environment.
Standard shared hosting is where a website’s data is stored on a server that is shared with many other websites. This can present some limitations when it comes to resources and configuration.
A (VPS) virtual private server is a single server that is divided into separate virtual machines. Each virtual private server’s configuration and operating system can be customised to the user’s preferences and has a significant amount of resources such as storage space, performance and security.
Although a Virtual Private Server Hosting provides a much more affordable alternative than its physical equivalent a “Dedicated Server” a VPS plan is more expensive than a standard shared hosting plan. So who should use a Cloud-based Virtual Private Servers?
- Growing businesses that are expanding beyond the capabilities that shared hosting can offer.
- Businesses that have expected or planned future growth. When entering a new market or presenting a new opportunity where rapid growth is a possibility, ensuring your website has the dedicated resources it requires to maintain performance under heavy site traffic.
- Websites that require a better level of privacy and performance compared to what shared hosting plans offer.
- A business that requires full control over their server. Ability to custom configure, allow root access and installations that are unavailable with standard shared hosting.
- Company’s that house multiple brands and websites. Keeping all your branded websites under one roof, or one VPS, rather than multiple shared hosting will ensure consistent performance and provide a better way to maintain various website hosting.
We don’t believe in lock-in contracts! You’ll never find any here at VentraIP Australia and can always refund any unused time if you decide to prepay for your service.
Once your purchase is complete, one of our web hosting experts will provision your server and perform the initial setup before giving you a call to walk you through all the finer details of your product.
We encourage you to ask any questions you may have and take the time to discuss what you hope to do with the server so that we may provide advice on how to proceed.
During your initial consultation our web hosting expert will organise a migration of any existing cPanel services that you may need moved to your new server at absolutely no cost to you.
The root user is the default account that has complete access to all commands and files on the server. The root password is simply the password that is required to access the root user.
To make managing your server as easy as possible, we store the root details in our database for use during ongoing maintenance, support, and service optimisation.
Due to the way in which we manage your VPS, there’s no reason you’d ever need to access the root user or need the root password for your server.