This article will go over the key features and traits between our Self-Managed VPS and Fully-Managed VPS product range providing some information on what you can expect from each.
As a quick rundown:
Self-Managed VPS –
- Your choice of OS can be installed from the range of profiles we have available
- Can apply wide range of addons/licensing on demand as needed.
- You are provided full root access to the VPS allowing you to provision any custom applications or changes you desire to the server
- Support and monitoring of the server is completely up to you and your IT team**
- Can NOT be converted to a fully managed VPS
** – Unless you purchase a Server Management Job addon to complete any tasks outlined in an agreed work order.
Fully-Managed VPS –
- centOS + cPanel WHM ONLY, Comes with a strict set of addons/licenses as a requirement.
- No custom software or configuration changes to VPS can be made outside of our scope of support.
- You are provided Reseller access to WHM on the VPS allowing management of your customers and to certain administrator features.
- Support is included through monthly Server Management Jobs included in the package or purchased as an addon if you run out
- Monitoring of the server health is done by our team in Melbourne.
- Can be downgraded one way to a Self-Managed VPS if you decide to take over support
These products cover different markets and if you are certain you need a VPS but can’t decide which it would be best to contact our sales team via Live Chat or eTicket to discuss which may be the best solution, Depending on your situation this may vary but essentially it breaks down to:
- If you have the knowledge and time to be monitoring and managing your own server or need full access and freedom to customize the server for your use – Self-Managed is for you.
- If you have grown past shared hosting and need your own cPanel server but don’t have the knowledge or time to monitor and manage it – Fully-Managed would be for you.
Any other queries or clarification you’d like on a specific feature?
Launch a Live chat down below, Submit an eTicket or give our sales team a call who can assist on your queries. We’re here 24 x 7 and can handle any pre-sale questions you may have.