Connecting to a cPanel MySQL database using Navicat
Updated Monday November 9th 2020 / Category Web Hosting
Before you start
The last thing you need is the server hostname/address, you can obtain the address by following these steps:
- Log in to VIPControl.
- Click on My Services at the top of this page.
- Click on cPanel Hosting.
- Click Manage.
- Under cPanel Details you will see cPanel Hostname, that is the server’s address/hostname (this can be used for MySQL connections too).
You can also use the IP address from the Server Details tab here.
How to connect
- Open Navicat.
- Click on Connection and then select MySQL.
- A dialog box will appear, where you will input the following information
- Connection Name: this can be anything you’d like, used to remember your session.
- Host: the address of the server you want to connect to (refer to Before you start)
- Port: 3306
- Username: Your MySQL database username
- Password: Your MySQL database password
- Click Test Connection
- As long as the test comes back okay, click OK