Before installing cPanel, please make sure you have completed the following:
- You’re installing cPanel on a freshly provisioned VPS that has no other software installed on it.
- Your VPS meets the basic system requirements for cPanel.
- You have updated all of the software on your VPS, using the following shell command:
yum update -y
Now that you have logged into the server using SSH, you’re now ready to install cPanel/WHM. Please follow these steps to install cPanel:
- Log in to your server with SSH.
- Install CentOS base and Perl by entering the following commands:
yum groupinstall base perl
- You will then fetch the cPanel installer script and run it by entering the following command:
cd /home && curl -o latest -L https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/latest && sh latest
- Once it has completed, and the installation process will take perhaps 45 minutes to complete, please reboot your VPS. You can reboot by running the command:
Once cPanel has been installed you may log in at https://<VPS IP Address>:2087 – your username will be root and the password you can retrieve from your activation email.
Please note: We recommend that you never log in with http://yourVPSipaddress:2086 or /whm as this is insecure.
Now that cPanel/WHM is installed, you may move onto step three of our getting started series which is ‘Securing and configuring your Self Managed VPS‘.