Yes, we can migrate your website free of charge from another hosting company, providing that they’re using cPanel on their servers as well. To request the migration complete the following steps:
- Signup for the service that you’d like with us via our website.
- Upon receiving your Service Activation confirmation, login to your VIPControl account.
- Using the left navigation menu, click Support Centre and then Migration Request.
- Select cPanel as the previous hosting environment.
- Enter the details as requested and click Submit.
We will conduct the migration during the period you select.
What do I put in the Start a new cPanel Migration fields?
The cPanel Migration Request from will ask for some details so our team can complete the transfer. If you’re unsure of the details it requires – old IP address, cPanel username, password and domain name – please contact your current host to retrieve this information.
Unfortunately without being supplied those cPanel access credentials for your old host, we will be unable to complete the migration.
Additional things to note
We can only migrate accounts that are going into the same domain name (except in the case of a WHM Multi Reseller migration). That is, if you’ve got an account for mydomain.com with another provider and you wish to migrate it to your new account of myotherdomain.com with us, we won’t be able to perform the migration for you. You will need to contact your old provider and ask them to modify your primary domain before you submit the migration request.