You are able to update the primary domain on your cPanel hosting services at any time. This is all done within VIPControl.
- After logging in click on the My Services option on the top-left of the page > Hosting from the options provided.
- Select the Manage icon for the service you want to change the primary domain for.
- Under the Account area on the left choose Primary Domain
- Hit the Change button > enter the new primary domain name
- Make sure you read over the Confirmation box and accept before initiating the change.
As specified in the image above, it is essential to make sure that:
- The domain does not already exist on the DNS cluster – Meaning it cannot be an Addon or Parked domain on an existing account.
- You need to acknowledge that by changing the primary domain name all services attached to the existing primary will stop working
If you need any assistance whilst following through with any of these processes, feel free to get in touch with us via eTicket or over the phone on 13 24 85.