If you want to ‘mask’ a URL (so that people access www.yoursite.com but see the content of www.anothersite.com) you can create a ‘cloaked’ forwarder using our Web/Email Forwarding service. This is complimentary as part of our FREE DNS Hosting offered with any domains registered with (or transferred to) us.
- Log into your VIPControl account
- Click Domains on the left, then select Manage in the dropdown menu
- Click the blue cog button next to your domain name
- Select Manage DNS in the Domain Management dropdown menu
- If it’s not already selected, click on Web/Email Forwarding
- Click Add Forwarder next to Web Forwarding
- Select the first option, Cloak
- Add in the cloak forwarder details;
Please note: Any existing DNS settings / nameservers / records set on the domain level will be removed when you switch to this option.
- Source Address: http://
- Destination Address: (this is the page you want to show when people access your site)
- Page Title: (this is what you want to show browsers)
- Meta Description: (when people search for your site in Google, what do you want to show?)
- Meta Keywords: (what keywords do you want Google to link to your site?)
Lastly, click Add Forwarder again, next to ‘Web Forwarding’. Complete steps 6, 7 & 8 again, but this time in the source address make sure to put http://www — this ensures that people accessing www.yoursite.com and just yoursite.com will be sent to the right page.