If you want to ‘mask’ a URL (so that people access www.yoursite.com but see the content of www.anothersite.com) you can create a ‘cloaked’ forwarder using our Web/Email Forwarding service. This is complimentary as part of our FREE DNS Hosting offered with any domains registered with us.
- Log into your VIPControl account
- Click on the My Services option at the top-left of the page > Domains from the menu below
- Hit the Manage button for the domain that you wish to add the cloak to
- Select Manage DNS under the DNS section on the left-hand side
- If not already selected, then you will need to select Web and Email forwarding (This will override any current DNS and result in downtime for any active services attached to the name)
- Under Web Forwarding choose the Add Web Forwarder option
- Under record type, you will need to select Cloak
- Add in the cloak forwarder details and finalise the forwarder
What do the forwarder details mean?
- Source Address: http://
- Destination Address: (this is the page you want to show when people access your site)
- Page Title: (this is what you want to show browsers)
- Meta Description: (when people search for your site in Google, what do you want to show?)
- Meta Keywords: (what keywords do you want Google to link to your site?)
Lastly, click Add Web Forwarder again and Complete steps 7 & 8 again, but this time in the source address make sure to put http://www — this ensures that people accessing www.yoursite.com and just yoursite.com will be sent to the right page.
If you need any assistance whilst following through with any of these processes, feel free to get in touch with us via eTicket or over the phone on 13 24 85.