To enable SFTP access you must enable SSH via your VIPControl
- Login to your VIPControl account.
- Click on the My Services option on the top-left of the page > Hosting from the menu below
- Hit the Manage button for the hosting service that you wish to edit
- Select SSH access from the left-hand-side under Configuration
- You will need to Add IP Address to whitelist your IP and enable SSH access for port 2683
A few points to remember
- You will need to whitelist the IP addresses that you will be connecting to SFTP from.
- It’s preferable to have a static IP address to avoid having to visit the page frequently to re-enable access.
- You will need to re-enable your IP address access every 28 days, even if you have a static IP.
Once enabled, you will be able to connect to the server using your domain name (provided it’s pointed to our server) or using the servers IP on port 2683 in conjunction with your cPanel credentials.
If you need any assistance whilst following through with any of these processes, feel free to get in touch with us via eTicket or over the phone on 13 24 85.