To enable SFTP access you must enable SSH via your VIPControl:
- Login to your VIPControl account.
- Click the Manage my Hosting button on your VIPControl dashboard
- Click the blue cog button on the relevant hosting service.
- In the drop down options click SSH Access. SFTP primarily works over SSH and thus requires it enabled.
- This page will then allow you to whitelist your IP address and enable the SSH access for port 2683.
When enabling SSH there are a few points to remember:
- You will need to whitelist the IP addresses you will be connecting to SFTP from.
- It’s preferable you have a static IP address to avoid you visiting the page frequently to re-enable access.
- You will need to re-enable your IP address for access, even if you have a static IP, every 28 days.
Once enabled, you will be able to connect to the server using your domain name (provided it’s pointed to our server) or using the servers IP on port 2683 in conjunction with your cPanel credentials.