Before you can connect to your cPanel web hosting service via jailshell access you will need to enable SSH. This can be done by following the steps below:
- Login to your VIPControl account.
- Click the My Services option on the top left of your account > Hosting from the menu below
- Hit the Manage button for the hosting service that you wish to alter
- From this page, you will then click SSH Access on the left-hand side under Configuration
- Finally, select Add IP Address under the SSH Access option and select the IP address that you want to whitelist
You are required to add your IP address to the SSH allow list for security purposes; this will then allow you to access SSH via port 2683.
If possible, it is recommended to use a static IP address. This will ensure that you do not need to return to this page as frequently to whitelist your IP Address.
NOTE: Each whitelisted IP will need to be re-enabled every 28 days as per the process outlined above.
If you need any assistance whilst following through with any of these processes, feel free to get in touch with us via eTicket or over the phone on 13 24 85.