In order for web hosting or email hosting services to work correctly, your domain name must be pointed to a correct set of name servers. These name servers then tell users where the website resides and where to send any emails.
It might be complex to understand, but updating your name servers on your domain name is a very simple process:
- Login to your VIPControl account.
- Click the Manage my Domains button on your VIPControl homepage.
- Select the domain name you’re updating your name servers on.
- In the drop down options click Manage DNS.
- Click the Custom Name Servers button.
- Enter the name servers in the provided boxes as required; minimum two needed.
- Click Update Name Servers.
That’s it, you’re done! If you’re using a VentraIP Australia cPanel web hosting service, you may simply opt to click on the cPanel Hosting button on that Manage DNS page. That will auto add our records and save you some typing.
Please note: Once DNS changes are made, they may take up to 24 hours to fully take effect – a process often called DNS propagation. It’s important you only make changes you know you require, as making changes without knowledge of what you’re doing may cause you unnecessary downtime and headaches!