In order for web hosting or email hosting services to work correctly, your domain name must be pointed to the correct set of nameservers.
Essentially, these nameservers are the link in the chain than connect your domain to your website and/or emails. This connection is needed for them to work properly.
How do I update my nameservers?
- Login to your VIPControl account.
- Click the My Services option on the top-left of the page > Domains from the menu below
- Hit the Manage button for the domain that you wish to have modified
- Select the Manage DNS option under the DNS area on the left-hand side.
- Choose the Use Custom Nameservers option
- Enter the name servers in the provided boxes as required; minimum two needed.
- Confirm by hitting Set Custom Nameservers
NOTE: If you are using VentraIP Australia for your hosting service, then you simply need to click the Connect to a VentraIP Australia Service option and choose the service itself. This will automatically add the records for you.
IMPORTANT: Once a DNS change is made the existing records are removed and it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to reflect. It is recommended to have everything else ready before switching the DNS records over due to this downtime period.
If you need any assistance whilst following through with any of these processes, feel free to get in touch with us via eTicket or over the phone on 13 24 85.