There are two methods for pointing your domain name to Wix:
If you only hold your domain registration with us
If you have registered only your domain name with us, then you will configure your domain to point to Wix via your VIPControl.
- Login to your VIPControl account.
- Click on the My Services option on the top left of the page > Domains from the menu below
- Hit the Manage button for the domain name that you want to connect to Wix
- Select the Manage DNS option under the DNS area on the left
- If you are not currently on the Free DNS Hosting option then click the Change DNS button to edit
- Hit the Add DNS record option (Bottom right) to add the records as instructed by Wix
- Repeat Step 6 as required for each record.
If you’re unsure of the records Wix require, please log in to their control panel or contact their support team.
NOTE: Changes to the DNS configuration will remove any existing records. It may then take up to 24 hours for the new records to take effect due to DNS propagation.
If you have your hosting with us
This method will be used if your domain is pointing to a hosting service with us via nameservers. The pointing of the DNS will be set up through cPanel using the following steps:
- Login to your cPanel service.
- Click the Zone Editor icon.
- Add the records as per Wix’s instruction.
If you are planning on updating the A record for your website on your primary domain whilst keeping the email separate (on cPanel), then you will also need to ensure that the mail record is pointed to the cPanel IP.
You will then need to log in to cPanel > click the MX record icon and change the main MX record from yourdomain.com to mail.yourdomain.com.
NOTE: Changes to DNS configuration through your cPanel may also take up to 24 hours to take effect due to DNS propagation.
If you need any assistance whilst following through with any of these processes, feel free to get in touch with us via eTicket or over the phone on 13 24 85.