Setting up your email account on your Windows Phone 8 device is a manual process, but fortunately it’s fairly easy. Please follow these steps below to complete the setup of your email account on your Windows Phone device:
- Create your email account in cPanel.
- On your Windows Phone Settings icon.
- Click email+accounts.
- Select add an account.
- Click advanced.
- Enter your full email address as created in cPanel along with the password you set; then click next.
- Select Internet email.
- Here you will need to enter the settings for your email account as listed below:
- Account Name: This is a nickname to give your account on your phone, choose something easily identifiable.
- Your Name: This is the name your correspondents will see on emails from you.
Then it goes onto more technical information:
- Incoming email server: This will typically be mail.yourdomain.com, where you replace yourdomain.com with your real domain.
- Account Type: Choose IMAP4 from the dropdown.
- User name: This is your full email address
- Password: Your email address password as set when creating it.
- Outgoing email server: This will typically be mail.yourdomain.com, where you replace yourdomain.com with your real domain.
- Outgoing server requires authentication: This option ticked to enable.
- Use the same user name and password for sending email; This option ticked to enable.
That’s it, click Sign In and you’ll now be able to send and receive emails on your Windows Phone device. Typically if you come across an error retrieving your email, it’s due to a mistype in your email configuration – so double check it.