Intaserve customers are advised that all hosting services will be migrated to VentraIP Australia’s own hardware server platform which will bring performance benefits and additional service features.
As a result of this move, the server IP address and hostname will change. The exact IP address and hostname for your new server will be emailed to you.
There are some important points to note about the migration:
1. Following the migration, your service on the old server will be locked down to prevent further changes and we will redirect all requests to the new server. We complete this necessary step to ensure there is no data loss. As a result your website(s) may appear offline for a short period of time.
2. You need to adjust your nameservers to point to VentraIP Australia’s nameservers:
Please ensure you update the nameservers on your domain name as soon as possible upon completion of the migration. The old name servers will serve the new IP address, however they will only do this for a couple of weeks so it’s important you do switch over to the new nameservers. If you use a 3rd party DNS provider (advanced users), please ensure you update the A records accordingly – the new server’s IP address is included in the email we sent you.
3. If you have a dedicated IP assigned to your service, it will be removed as part of the migration. Any SSL certificates will remain installed, however they will be installed on the shared IP using SNI. If you wish to have a dedicated IP assigned to your service, please contact our Technical Support team via eTicket after the migration has been completed.
4. If you or your clients are connecting to the server for mail and/or FTP using the current server’s IP or hostname, please ensure you update your systems to use the new IP or hostname, as provided in the email.
5. At the completion of the migration you may see a few hours of downtime as a result of DNS propagation – please refer to point 2 to ensure you have your DNS setup appropriately.
6. Please be aware SSH Access, Temporary URLs and Remote MySQL connections will deactivate post migration but can be re-enabled via your VIPControl after the migration is complete.
7. Following the completion of the migration you should check over your entire service to ensure all data and settings are present. If you utilise our nameservers for your domain and you have any custom DNS entries setup, it is essential that you check those post migration to ensure your zone has correctly been brought across by the automated cPanel migration process. If you notice any issues, please contact our team who will be able to assist with any data management and availability concerns.
8. Our servers run PHP 5.5. If your site relies on an older version of PHP or specific PHP settings, you can use “Select PHP Version” within cPanel to change your PHP version and settings after the migration is complete. Versions 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, 5.5 and 5.6 are available.
We thank you for your support and understanding during this migration event. Should you have any queries or concerns, our Technical Support team are available 24/7 via eTicket.
Updates for each specific migration event will be provided via our status website: http://status.ventraip.com.au/