Yes, the easiest way to import your MySQL data is through phpMyAdmin; assuming you have an SQL, XML, OpenDocument Spreadsheet, CSV, MediaWiki Table, ESRI Shape File filetype in the correct format – typically you will use a .SQL. To import your data you will complete the following steps:
- Login to your cPanel service.
- Click the phpMyAdmin icon.
- Using the left hand menu of phpMyAdmin, select the database you wish to import your data to.
- Now that you’re viewing the particular database, click the Import tab.
- There you will click Browse to select the file to upload, select the appropriate character set (if in doubt, leave as utf-8) and tweak the additional settings if required; then click Go.
- The file will then be imported, perhaps taking some time depending on file size; the outcome of the import will then be confirmed to you.
If your database is quite large (in excess of 50MB) you cannot import this manually through phpMyAdmin.
In the event of this, you can lodge an eTicket through your VIPControl so we may assist you with the import, and ensure the backup is uploaded to the hosting service prior.
We kindly request you attempt an import through phpMyAdmin as your first port of call.