Yes, remote MySQL access is supported for the purposes of assisting in development from your local PC using a database manager such as Navicat or Dreamweaver. To enable Remote MySQL access please follow these steps:
- Login to your VIPControl account.
- Click the Manage my Hosting button on your VIPControl dahboard.
- Click the blue cog button on the relevant your hosting service and from the dropdown options select Remote MySQL.
- Under IP Addresses Allowed you will find an option to Add a New IP Address, please complete this with the correct IP to provide access through our firewall.
- Once you have allowed your IP Address access through your VIPControl account please login to your VIPControl account.
- Click the Remote MySQL” icon.
- Add your IP Address to this page as well to facilitate access on the database side.
Once you have completed those steps, you will be able to access MySQL remotely from the IP Address you designated. You will be required to authenticate with the database username and password. Please be aware if using a dynamic IP Address on your internet connection, access will cease upon an IP change and the steps will need to be re-completed.