Setting up a Python app in cPanel
Updated Tuesday March 1st 2022 / Category Web Hosting
cPanel supports the ability to setup a Python application, here are the steps to do that:
- Login to cPanel.
- Click Setup Python App under Software.
- Click Create Application.
- Input the details for your Python application:
- Select a Python version.
- In the Application Root field, input the path you want for your Python app.
- In the Application URL field, set the URL you want your application to be publicly accessed from.
- In the Application Startup File field, input the name of the .py file used to start your web application.
- In the Application Entry Point field specify the name of the wsgi file for your application.
- In the Passenger Log File field, specify the path and file name you want for your Passenger log file.
Important things to consider
- cPanel’s Python implementation uses the Apache Phusion Passenger extension, which is used to run Ruby, Python and NodeJS applications
- Do not put any dashes in the Application Root / URL / Startup file / Entry Point fields
- While our cPanel services support Python Applications, this would be beyond the scope of support that our Techincal Support Team could assist with. This includes both assistance with making the installation and the management of the Application itself.