Setting up a Python app in cPanel
Updated Thursday February 4th 2021 / Category Web Hosting
cPanel supports the ability to setup a Python application, here are the steps to do that:
- Login to cPanel.
- Click Setup Python App under Software.
- Click Create Application.
- Input the details for your Python application:
- Select a Python version.
- In the Application Root field, input the path you want for your Python app.
- In the Application URL field, set the URL you want your application to be publicly accessed from.
- In the Application Startup File field, input the name of the .py file used to start your web application.
- In the Application Entry Point field specify the name of the wsgi file for your application.
- In the Passenger Log File field, specify the path and file name you want for your Passenger log file.
Important things to consider
- cPanel’s Python implementation uses the Apache Phusion Passenger extension, which is used to run Ruby, Python and NodeJS applications
- Do not put any dashes in the Application Root / URL / Startup file / Entry Point fields