As your Business VPS with the cPanel addon has come with cPanel/WHM pre-installed, configured and secured, you are able to log straight in. To login to WHM on your VPS please follow these steps:
- In your web browser go to https://yourVPSipaddress:2087
- Enter your VPS username of root and it’s password.
- You’re now in WHM.
Please note: You will replace “yourVPSipaddress” with your VPSs primary IP address as listed in your activation email. We recommend that you never login with http://yourVPSipaddress:2086 or /whm as this is insecure.
WHM is for your backend server administration, to manage services and cPanel users. cPanel is your lower level access for a per website basis.
Now that you’re in WHM and you’ve learned how to reach SSH, it’s away you go with your new VPS. A few things we will recommend:
- We don’t have any further specific guides to help with your VPS, but if you have a cPanel based VPS, you can run through our cPanel getting started guides which run you through accessing cPanel all the way through to uploading your website.
- Ask us via eTicket to setup your rDNS for your new VPS.
- Change your root password to something memorable, but yet still secure.
- Ensure you keep your VPS up to date, perhaps purchase a management day pass every few months and our team can do that for you.