- Navigate to Settings in your Gmail account.
- From here, navigate to the Accounts and Import tab.
- Then, click edit info next to your account in the Check email from other accounts list. This will open a new window.
- On this page, you will need to enter the following recommended settings, based on what mail service you have, and then click Save Changes.Username: This needs to be your full email address.
Password: The password you have created for this email account – ensure that this is re-entered before continuing.
POP Server: You can find your hostname from the Service Overview page of your Email or Web Hosting service.
For this example, we’re using ventraip.email from our dedicated email hosting services.
Leave a copy of the retrieved message on the server: This is optional if you’re unsure of what to choose then tick this option.
- This window will now close. Back in Accounts and Import, click edit info next to your account in Send mail as. This will open another new window.
Click Next Step on this page.
- On this next page, you’ll want to enter the recommended SMTP settings for your mail account.
SMTP Server: This should be the same as the POP Server from Step 4, and the Username and Password should be the same as well.
Select Port 465 and choose Secured connection, using SSL.
Then, click Save Changes.
You have successfully updated your server settings in Gmail!
Still having issues getting set up?
Our support on issues using this software is limited – we’re happy to verify you’ve put everything in the right place. Please submit an eTicket through to our technical support team with screenshots of the configurations you applied as per this article and we will let you know if anything has been missed.
Beyond this, you will need to follow our earlier suggestion of consulting the internet or looking into the vendor’s knowledge base.
We’d recommend taking a look at the official Google support page on this process as well.