FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol. This is the most common way to upload and download files from your web hosting service. We recommend using the FileZilla FTP client as it is free and supports Windows, Linux and Mac computers. FileZilla provides excellent functionality including:
- Connect to and browse the files within your web hosting service.
- Right-click on files and folders to receive more options, such as:
- Copy, Move, Rename, Change file and folder permissions; and, Delete.
- Upload files from your local computer to the web hosting service.
- Download files from your web hosting service to your local computer.
To learn how to use FTP please see our article “How do I manage files via FTP?“.