If your website is displaying a ‘500 Internal Server’ error this usually indicates that your file permissions are incorrectly set.
As we operate a suPHP environment; most files should be chmod 644 and folders 755 (there are some exceptions to this rule such as configuration files which should be set lower!). If you would like to blanket reset your permissions to these values, you may use the VIPControl permissions fixer:
Please try running the permissions fixer via:
- Login to your VIPControl account.
- Click the My Services option on the top-left in your account > Hosting from the menu below
- Hit the Manage button for the hosting service that you wish to access
- Select the Permissions Fixer option under Security on the left-hand side
- Click the Reset button > Reset Permissions to initiate
In some circumstances the error may also be triggered by incorrect configuration of your .htaccess file, this can include broken mod re-write configurations or php calls. If the above permissions fixer fails, try temporarily removing the .htaccess file to see if that rectifies the issue.
If you need any assistance whilst following through with any of these processes, feel free to get in touch with us via eTicket or over the phone on 13 24 85.