Enabling LiteMage Cache on a Magento 1.X store
How do I enable LiteMage caching for my Magento store?
There are a few steps involved in enabling the LiteMage Caching for your Magento Store. These can be broken down into three steps (which are detailed below).
- Enable the LiteMage module: You will need to enable the LiteMage Module via your .htaccess file located in the root Magento installation directory.
- Install the Magento LiteMage extension: You will need to install the Magento LiteMage extension into your Magento installation.
- Configure the Magento LiteMage extension: Once the extension has been installed into your Magento installation you will need to configure specific settings to enable it.
- LiteMage Cache is only available on our new Shared and Reseller hosting. Our legacy Economy, Business and WHM Multi servers do not support LiteMage Cache.
- Make sure you disable all ‘Full Page Cache’ extensions – since these will interfere with LiteMage and may cause issues. Examples of these extensions include ‘Extendware Full Page Cache’
- If you are using Magento Compilation (System → Tools → Compilation) then you should disable it first before installing any Extensions.
- IonCube Loader is required for the Magento LiteMage Extension, so make sure you have enabled it. If you’re unsure, login to cPanel and navigate to Select PHP Version and confirm this is enabled.
1. Enable the LiteMage Module
You will need to enable the LiteMage module for Magento store.
You do this by adding the following three lines of code to your root .htaccess (which is usually located under the public_html/ folder. You can place the code at the top of the default .htaccess used by Magento or at the bottom, the choice is yours.
Please note: Without this being in your .htaccess the LiteMage system will not function, so it is important to check the .htaccess on each update to Magento to make sure those lines still exist – if not, then add them back in.
2. Install the Magento LiteMage extension
You will need to install the LiteMage Extension software for each of your stores that you wish to enable LiteMage on.
- Download the Magento LiteMage Extension Package by visiting the LiteSpeed LiteMage Cache Download page (scroll to the bottom of the page and click the download link. It’s a blue folder with a black downwards pointing arrow).
- Log in to your Magento Admin Panel.
- Navigate to System → Configuration → Web → Session Validation Settings and set Use SID on Frontend to No.
- Navigate to System → Magento Connect → Magento Connect Manager.
- You will be prompted for your admin credentials again, so enter them in and continue on.
- Select the Direct package file upload button and then locate the downloaded LiteMage Extension package and upload.
- Select the Return to Admin button.
- Log out from the Magento Admin Panel (you need to do this or you will get 404 errors when trying to enable the LiteMage Extension).
3. Configure the Magento LiteMage extension
Please note: The Magento LiteMage Extension is disabled by default. You can enable or disable the extension easily from inside the Magento Admin Configuration Panel.
- Log in to the Magento Admin Panel using your login credentials.
- Navigate to System → Configuration.
- In the left side menu, go to LiteMage Cache → LiteMage Configuration.
- In General Settings set Enable LiteMage Cache to Yes.
- Click the Save Config button at the top of the screen.
- Navigate to System → Cache Management and under Cache Storage Management check the box next to Configuration.
- Click the button to refresh the cache.
How do I clear or flush the LiteMage Cache?
Once LiteMage Cache has been enabled, a Flush LiteMage Cache button will show up under System → Cache Management.
If you click the buttons Flush Magento Cache or Flush Cache Storage it will automatically flush the LiteMage Cache.
Can I enable LiteMage cache for just my IP address only for testing purposes?
Yes, you can! Head to Magento Admin → System → Configuration → LiteMage Cache → LiteMage Configuration → Developer Testing → Enable LiteMage Cache Only for Listed IP’s and then enter your IP address or the IP address you wanted to have the cache enabled for.