Most domain names can be “locked”, which means you cannot transfer it between domain name registrars unless you unlock the domain name.
How do I enable transfer lock on my domain name?
If the type of domain you have supports the transfer lock feature, you can enable by following these steps:
- Log in to VIPControl.
- Navigate to My Services > Domain Names.
- Click Manage next to the domain name.
- Click Transfer Lock under Security.
- Click Enable Transfer Lock.
What domain names can’t I enable transfer lock on?
Most domain name extensions support the transfer lock functionality. At the moment, “.au” domain names cannot be locked from VIPControl as VentraIP Australia does not offer auLOCKDOWN services.
Special “registry” transfer locks
There are some scenarios in which a transfer lock will automatically be applied to a domain name. They are:
- If you have registered a domain name within the last 60 days, the domain name will be locked and it cannot be transferred
- If you change the registrant contact details for a domain name, the domain will be locked for 60 days.