Disable directory browsing on a hosting service
Updated Thursday January 28th 2021 / Category Web Hosting
If you don’t want people being able to browse directories when there is no index page in place, you can easily disable directory browsing via cPanel.
- Log in to your cPanel service.
- Click the Indexes icon under the Advanced header.
- Navigate to the directory in question by clicking the folder names here.
- Click Edit next to the folder you want to disable browsing on.
- Select No Indexing, and Save.
The directory browsing feature will now be disabled on the selected directory.