Find the answers to your questions and get the support you need with the VentraIP help centre.
Disable directory browsing on a hosting service
If you don’t want people being able to browse directories when there is no index page in place, you can easily disable directory browsing via cPanel.
- Log in to your cPanel service.
- Click the Indexes icon under the Advanced header.
- Navigate to the directory in question by clicking the folder names here.
- Click Edit next to the folder you want to disable browsing on.
- Select No Indexing, and Save.
The directory browsing feature will now be disabled on the selected directory.
We Are Here to Help You
Get in touch with one of our local experts at any time.