We recognise that it is essential to many businesses and individuals that their contact information is protected. VentraIP offers ID Protection options that hide your direct details from the domain name Whois system where the domain name extension type supports it.
This is a feature often referred to as ID Protection and Whois Protection and Domain Privacy. To enable your ID Protection within VIPControl, follow these steps:
- Log in to VIPControl.
- Click the My Services link on the top → Domain Management from the tabs underneath.
- Click the Manage button for the domain that you wish to enable ID protection for.
- From under the Security section on the left select ID Protection.
- Here, you can choose to enable (or disable) ID protection at any time.
What does ID protection do?
ID protection will hide the registrant details for your domain name from public WHOIS records. This stops you from receiving spam calls and emails from individuals looking to get their hands on your money.
Why is this not available on my .au domain names?
Unfortunately, there isn’t such a thing. AU namespace policy prevents the details on a domain name WHOIS from being obscured – but never fear! The only information publicly listed is:
- ABN/ACN/RBN or other eligibility criteria used – your business name, club/group name, etc.
- The name of the Registrant and Technical contact person.
- The email address of the Registrant and Technical contact person – this is protected via reCAPTCHA and only available on the auDA website.
No details (phone number or postal address) are shown on the WHOIS record for a .AU domain name registration.