Location of the PHP error log file
The PHP error log file will be in any of the following locations:
- The public_html folder (root folder for your website)
- The folder setup for an Addon Domain (you can find our which folder under cPanel > Addon Domains)
- The folder that contains the PHP script where the error occurred
Understanding PHP Errors
Some PHP errors are common and easy to fix. We have some guides on how to fix basic errors:
- Fixing a ‘fatal memory’ error
- Troubleshooting “error establishing database connection” on a WordPress site
Please keep in mind that PHP is a complex scripting/programming language, and there are a large number of errors that you could run into. These errors will vary greatly in complexity. You can often get away with doing a Google search for the error you are getting, and you may find the resolution on a forum.
However, sometimes you may need to consult a professional web developer for assistance, as these kinds of problems are not always easily fixed.