Move your domain name to another VIPControl user
Before proceeding – important notes
It is very important to know that moving a domain name to another VIPControl account does not:
- Update the domain name contacts.
- Change the business that the domain is registered to.
- Transfer any unpaid invoices to the new owner
Transferring your domain to another user
- Log in to VIPControl.
- Click the My Services link on the top → Domain Management from the tabs underneath.
- Click the Manage button for the domain name that you wish to move to a new account.
- Click the Move Domain Name option on the left side under Admin.
- Click on the Move button and follow the prompts to finalise the transfer. This will transfer the account-ownership and billing for this service to the new user. Once finalised, the service will transfer over instantly.
Please note, if no account currently exists, an email will be sent to the address provided with a link to create a new account.
Need to move a hosting service?
We have a guide on how to do that, too.