A Change of Registrant (COR) is required in order to change the legal owner of an AU domain name. That is, the ABN/ACN/RBN/other eligibility type listed on the domain WHOIS information.
- Once the COR process is complete, the domain name’s registration is effectively “reset”. This means that the expiry date will be changed to exactly 1 year from the time the COR is completed.
- There is a fee for the COR process, which is equal to 1 year of registration/renewal.
- If the existing ABN/ACN/RBN associated with the domain name is no longer valid or cancelled (and the ABN is not a sole trader), we will need further information from you in order to be able to initiate the COR process. In which case, submit an eTicket to our support team.
Initiating the COR Process
- Log in to VIPControl.
- Click the My Services option at the top of the page > Domain Management from the tabs below.
- Hit the Manage button for the domain name that you wish to initiate the COR for
- Select the Change of Registrant option under Admin on the left-hand side > Initiate Change of Registrant button
- Simply follow the prompts to finalize the process
This will generate a 1 year registration/renewal. Once paid, we will automatically initiate the COR from our end.
What happens now?
From here, an email will be sent to the current domain registrant contact to approve. Once that form is completed the gaining registrant will receive an email to enter their details. Following this, we will verify that new details are correct and then push it through for completion.
NOTE: If you simply wish to update your domain name contacts (Not change the ABN) then you do not need to complete a Change of Registrant process.
The Change of Registrant process can be found here: