How to pipe an email to a script
Updated Friday February 5th 2021 / Category Web Hosting
Sometimes you might want to pipe an email to a script. Here are the steps you need to take, in order to do this within cPanel.
- Log in to cPanel.
- Click on Email Filters under Email.
- Click on Manage Filters next to the email address you want to set up your filter/pipe on.
- Click Create A New Filter.
- Fill out the fields as follows:
- Filter name: Set a unique name for your filter, so you can easily discern it from others in the past.
- Rules: This is where you will decide how the filter is activated (e.g. when an email comes from X address).
- In the drop-down menu under Actions, select Pipe To A Program.
- In the field below, input the path to your script like so (this example is for piping to a PHP script).
- Click Create to finalise.