The Legacy Service Management system is for any customers that have active domains with a company that was acquired by VentraIP Australia. As many gTLD domains require renewal upon transfer we were not able to port them across to VentraIP Australia accounts automatically.
If you were a customer of the one of the below companies and had active gTLD domains in your account, you will have been emailed login credentials for this system:
- Web Access
If you did not receive an email you can attempt to perform a password reset here.
How do I transfer my legacy domain to VentraIP Australia?
Before you begin.
- You will need to make sure you have the EPP code for your domain name (this is also known as a domain password, auth code or domain name key), this can be obtained inside the Legacy Service Management portal.
- Navigate to ‘My Domains‘ and click on ‘Settings/Spanner’ icon (Located next to the domain name you wish to transfer). This will take you to the domain name management page of your domain name.
- Click ‘Get EPP Code’. If you’re unable to locate your EPP code you can reach out to our Accounts and Billing Team team via your VIPControl account (you should have a VIPControl account with the same email address as your legacy account) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will need to ensure that the Registrant Email address listed on the domain is up to date as you’ll need to click a link to approve the transfer. You can do this via https://legacyservicemanagement.com/ >> ‘My Domains‘ >> ‘Settings/Spanner’ icon (Located next to the domain name you wish to transfer) >> Contact Information >> Email.
Submitting the domain for transfer
- When you’re ready to get started with the domain name transfer, head over to our domain name transfer ordering form. During the ordering process, you will be asked for the EPP code of the domain name you’re transferring to VentraIP Australia.
- Once you have submitted your order with the EPP code you will then be able to process payment for the transfer(If your transfer involves a renewal – Refer to our Domain Pricing List to see if a renewal is involved with your domain name transfer).
- An email will be sent to the registrant contact email address with an approval link. Click the link to approve the domain name transfer.
- Note: Due to GDRP compliance, all GTLDs and newTLDs will skip the approval link stage of the domain transfer process and simply begin the transfer.
- The domain name transfer will then begin, this can take 2-5 days to complete.
- Once the transfer is complete, you will be able to manage your domain name(s) within your VIPControl account >> My Services >> Domains.
If you have any questions on where your domains reside needed assistance with the management of your domain name/s, please feel welcome to reach out to our recovery team at email@example.com or otherwise submit an eTicket directly from within your VIPControl account.
If you need any assistance, feel free to get in touch with our local 24/7 support team via eTicket or over the phone on 13 24 85 for further assistance.