If the “Install SSL Certificate” tool in VIPControl isn’t available for your certificate, it could be because VIPControl couldn’t find a matching primary domain on a hosting service to install the certificate on. The certificate could be for an add-on domain, or a hosting account outside of your VIPControl.
Instances like this may require you to install the certificate manually. Here’s how to do that!
- Open the “SSL/TLS” section of your cPanel.
- Then, click on “Manage SSL sites” in this section.
- In another tab, keep your SSL certificate keys (found on the “manage” page for your certificate) in VIPControl handy.
- Paste the “SSL Certificate” into the first field. If the certificate is valid and matches a domain in your cPanel account, it will auto-fill the certificate information.
- Repeat this step for the “Private Key” and “CA Bundle“, and then click “Install Certificate”.
That’s all! Now your SSL Certificate is installed on your cPanel hosting service.