SSH access for cPanel accounts under a WHM Multi service
Yes, you can. To enable jailed SSH access on a per-cPanel service basis requires you to log in to your VIPControl and follow these steps:
- Login to your VIPControl account.
- Click on the My Services option on the top left of the page
- Select Hosting to bring up your web hosting management area.
- Choose the Manage icon for the particular domain name
- On this page, there will be an SSH Access option under Configuration on the left.
- Finally, select the Add IP Address icon
- This page will then allow you to whitelist your clients IP address and enable the SSH access for port 2683.
Points to remember:
- You’ll only need to enable it on the services which require SSH or SFTP access.
- You will need your connecting IP address to whitelist it for access.
- It’s preferable for you to have a static IP to avoid you visiting the page frequently to re-enable access on IP address change.
- You will need to re-enable the IP whitelist every 28 days as it automatically expires out for security reasons.
Once enabled, you will be able to connect to the server using the primary domain (provided it’s pointed to our server) or using the server’s IP on port 2683 in conjunction with the cPanel credentials.
If you need any assistance whilst following through with any of these processes, feel free to get in touch with us via eTicket or over the phone on 13 24 85.