Creating an Addon domain in cPanel
What is an Addon domain?
An addon domain allows you to host additional and separate websites from a single web hosting plan. The files for the added domain(s) will be hosted in the same cPanel account, separated by folders.
Note: “Addon Domains” are now managed through “Domains” in cPanel.
Adding a domain to cPanel
- Log in to your cPanel service.
- Click on the Domains icon on your cPanel home screen.
- Click the blue Create a New Domain button on the right-hand side of the page.
- Untick the Share Document Root tickbox before proceeding.
- If left enabled, your subdomain will serve the same content as your primary domain.
- Enter your domain name in the Domain text box. This will automatically fill out the Subdomain box that appears below.
- The Document Root box should also be filled out automatically.
- Click Submit.
All done! Your new addon domain has been created.
Once you have added your new Addon Domain(s) through cPanel, you should ensure you have pointed your domain name(s) at the VentraIP Web Hosting servers. Once the Addon Domain is setup and pointed to the hosting servers, it may take up to 24 hours to come online.