Creating white-label nameservers (glue records)
If your domain registration is with VentraIP, it is easy to add your own glue records (which we call child nameservers here). When setting up your own white-label nameservers for use on our services there are two things you will need to do:
- Create the child name server records.
- Create the associated DNS records for the white label nameservers.
Adding your child nameservers
- Log in to VIPControl.
- Click My Services, then click Domain Management.
- Click the DNS button on the domain name in question.
- To the left of the page, click on Child Name Servers under DNS.
- There you will create your each record one by one through entering the hostname (ns1, ns2 etc.) and the IP address of the name server. Click Add New Host.
- Repeat step 5 as required.
If you’re creating child name server records using the VentraIP DNS cluster, the IPs are as follows:
Plans bought AFTER July 2017
For services on a *SYD1 Server (XXXX.SYD1)
For services on a *SYD2 Server (XXXX.SYD2)
For services on a *SYD3 Server (RXXX.SYD3)
For services on a *SYD4 Server (XXXX.SYD4)
For services on a *SYD6 Server (XXXX.SYD6)
All plans on or BEFORE July 2017
Creating the A records
You will then need to create the DNS entries for your nameservers on our hosting server also; please follow these steps:
- Open your DNS editor for the domain you intend to use for the nameservers.
- Add some A records for each nameserver sub-domain using the IP addresses obtained earlier.
Here is an example of what that might look like.
In this example, we have records formatted as host, TTL, type, destination.
ns1 14400 A 22.214.171.124
ns2 14400 A 126.96.36.199
Please note: These DNS changes are subject to DNS propagation, so it could take up to 24 hours until these nameservers you create work correctly.