Yes, you can. To enable jailed SSH access on a per-cPanel service basis requires you to login to your VIPControl and follow these steps:
- Login to your VIPControl account.
- On the left side navigation click Shared Hosting and then Manage.
- Click the blue cog button on your WHM Multi service.
- In the drop down options click SSH Access.
- There you click Manage next to the cPanel user you wish to enable SSH for.
- This page will then allow you to whitelist your clients IP address and enable the SSH access for port 2683.
When enabling SSH there are a few points to remember:
- You’ll only need to enable it on the services which require SSH or SFTP access.
- You will need your connecting IP address to whitelist it for access.
- It’s preferable for you to have a static IP to avoid you visiting the page frequently to re-enable access on IP address change.
- You will need to re-enable the IP whitelist every 28 days as it automatically expires out for security reasons.
Once enabled, you will be able to connect to the server using the primary domain (provided it’s pointed to our server) or using the server’s IP on port 2683 in conjunction with the cPanel credentials.