Two-factor authentication or 2FA is the most secure way to lock down your account and ensure only you can gain access. This is achieved by ensuring you’re always notified when a login attempt is made, and your preferred contact method (email, app or text) is given a unique code each time that must be used to log in successfully. This extra step makes a world of difference when protecting your account.
To activate 2FA, you will need to login to VIPControl and then click your name at the top right, followed by “my profile”. From there, you can select “Two Factor Authentication” from the security tab on the left side.
- Log in to VIPControl.
- Click your name in the top-right corner → My Profile.
- Under the Security tab (on the left side), click Two Factor Authentication.
- Click the pink Enable button on this page to set up Two Factor Authentication.
- Select your preferred method (email, app or text); each method will ask for some additional details.
- The system will request a code from your selected method to ensure those details are correct before the system enables.
- Once the code has been entered, your account will be protected by 2FA!
Keep in mind that due to the increased security, if you lose access to your device and can no longer login, we will need some additional authentication in order to disable this for you to ensure that security is maintained.
If you have lost access to your 2FA, click More Two-Factor Options on the VIPControl login page, and fill out the form.