Why is my order flagged for manual review?
We implement fraud detection to help guard against credit card fraud, as well as other forms of fraudulent behavior. If our system finds anything suspicious about an order, it will be flagged for manual review by our team.
Some common reasons the order will be marked for manual review is:
- Your detected location and the billing address provided are too far apart.
- The country the credit card issuer is in is different from the country you’re in.
- The order has come from outside Australia or New Zealand.
If the order is flagged, we will not take payment. If the order is manually reviewed and accepted, any invoices will remain unpaid.
Sometimes the fraud detection system will flag an order that it thinks is suspicious but actually isn’t. This is common when the order is placed over a VPN or Proxy service because your location is often obscured and appears far away from the billing address provided when it actually isn’t.
What can I do to fix it?
Any orders that are marked for manual review will be manually reviewed by a human being on the same day. However, if you need the order to go through as soon as possible, you can do any of the following:
- If you were connected to a VPN or proxy service at the time of the order, place it again while disconnected from the VPN.
- Email email@example.com with your order number. We can usually accept the order, however we may ask for some Government-issued ID to prove that the address provided is in fact yours.