Other articles on this subject are:
- Managed SonicWALL Hardware Firewall
- cPanel and WHM
- CXS – ConfigXploitScanner
- SpamExperts Outbound Filtering
- Softaculous Applications Installer
- R1Soft Incremental Server Backups
What is Litespeed WebServer?
By default cPanel/WHM comes with Apache as its web server option, Litespeed is the step up from this providing a more robust back end which can take more requests and concurrent load with much less effort. It acts as a fully licensed drop in replacement and will seamlessly handle almost everything you would usually throw at an Apache server. Just more efficiently.
A Summary of the main features would include:
- Double the maximum capacity of your current Apache servers with LiteSpeed Web Server’s streamlined event-driven architecture, capable of handling thousands of concurrent clients with minimal memory consumption and CPU usage.
- Protect your servers with already familiar mod_security rules while also taking advantage of a host of built-in anti-DDoS features, such as bandwidth and connection throttling.
- Conserve capital by reducing the number of servers needed to support your growing hosting business or online application.
- Reduce complexity by eliminating the need for an HTTPS reverse proxy or additional 3rd party caching layers.
As users of this fantastic product ourselves on our own shared hosting servers, we can vouch for the performance and stability increase offered.
Any other queries or clarification you’d like on a specific function?
Pop an eTicket through to our sales team who can assist on your queries. We’re here 24 x 7 and can handle any pre-sale questions you may have.