[VPS Addons] KernelCare
This article is part of a series covering licensed software that can or will be included on a Self Managed or Fully Managed VPS plan.
Other articles on this subject are:
- Managed SonicWALL Hardware Firewall
- cPanel and WHM
- Litespeed Web Server
- CXS – ConfigXploitScanner
- SpamExperts Outbound Filtering
- Softaculous Applications Installer
- R1Soft Incremental Server Backups
What is KernelCare?
KernelCare is an application used to update the server OS without the need for reboots, this will check every 4 hours by default for any critical updates that need to be applied keeping your server protected against any up and coming issues or threats without interrupting uptime that’s important to you and your customers.
Main features of this product:
The benefits for utilizing this software can be summed up as follows –
- Ensure kernels are always up to date with all security updates
- Ensure maximum security with frequent updates – the agent runs checks every four hours
- No more servers running with vulnerabilities for months just to avoid downtime
- No need to coordinate server reboots by your system users and customers (both you and your users can forget about dreaded downtime)
- No conflicts with applications running on the server
Any other queries or clarification you’d like on a specific function?
Pop an eTicket through to our sales team who can assist on your queries. We’re here 24 x 7 and can handle any pre-sale questions you may have.