Overdue invoice suspensions
The most common reason a hosting service has been suspended is that the invoice for the service has not been paid. You can check of this is the case by logging into VIPControl and navigating to Billing → Invoices.
In the rare circumstance that our technical support team has suspended your hosting service, it will be because your hosting service was causing issues for other customers on the server. Some common suspension reasons are:
- Sending Spam: An email account or website on your hosting service has been compromised and is being used to send spam emails.
- Excessive Resource Usage: The website is using an excessive amount of resources, and is causing problems for other users.
- Phishing: Your website has been comprised and has been turned into a phishing website.
- Miners: Your website has been compromised and someone is using it to run cryptocurrency mining software.
Notice in advance
When an issue arises our technical support team will be forced to suspend the service immediately, for the following key reasons:
- For the security and stability of the hosting environment.
- To keep the service at peak operation capacity for all other users on the server.
- Avoid the continued use of phishing websites. These are often used to steal bank details and other personal information.