If you’re requesting that our technical support team complete a migration of your email data from G Suite to a VentraIP Australia service, there are some things you need to do for the migration process to be successful.
Enable IMAP Connections
To enable IMAP in G Suite, you must log in to the G Suite Admin portal, then follow these steps:
- Click on Apps.
- Click on G Suite.
- Click on Gmail.
- Click on End User Access.
- Under Organizations, select the organizational unit you want to manage settings for.
- Click POP and IMAP Access.
- Uncheck Disable POP and IMAP access for all users.
Disable 2-Step Verification
To disable 2 Factor Authentication, you need to navigate the Security Tab in your Google Account settings. Click on 2-Step Verification under Signing into Google. Google will ask you to sign in again for security reasons, and then you will be able to disable 2-Step Verification.
Allow Less Secure Apps
To allow less secure apps, you must log in to the G Suite Admin portal, then follow these steps first:
- Click on Security.
- Click Less Secure Apps.
- Select the setting for less secure apps (Allow users to manage their access to less secure apps)
- Click Save.
Once you have done that, you can allow less secure apps from inside your G Suite account.