Email migration requirements for Google Workspace or Gmail users
If you’re requesting that our technical support team complete a migration of your email data from G Suite to a VentraIP service, there are some things you need to do for the migration process to be successful.
Enable IMAP Connections
To enable IMAP in Google Workspace, you must log in to the Google Workspace Admin portal, then follow these steps:
- Click on Apps.
- Click on Google Workspace.
- Click on Gmail.
- Click on End User Access.
- Under Organizations, select the organizational unit you want to manage settings for.
- Click POP and IMAP Access.
- Uncheck Disable POP and IMAP access for all users.
Disable 2-Step Verification
To disable 2 Factor Authentication, you need to navigate the Security Tab in your Google Account settings. Click on 2-Step Verification under Signing into Google. Google will ask you to sign in again for security reasons, and then you will be able to disable 2-Step Verification.
Allow Less Secure Apps
To allow less secure apps, you must log in to the Google Workspace Admin portal, then follow these steps first:
- Click on Security.
- Click Less Secure Apps.
- Select the setting for less secure apps (Allow users to manage their access to less secure apps)
- Click Save.
Once you have done that, you can allow less secure apps from inside your Google Workspace account.