Using the cPanel terminal
If you’d prefer to use cPanel’s inbuild Terminal, please follow these steps.
Enabling SSH Access
Before you can connect to your cPanel web hosting service via shell you will need to enable SSH. Here’s how!
- Log in to VIPControl.
- Click the My Services at the top of the page
- Click on cPanel Hosting
- Click the Manage button for the hosting service that you wish to alter.
- From this page, click SSH Access on the left side under Configuration.
- Finally, select Add IP Address under the SSH Access header and enter the IP address that you want to whitelist.
- Our SSH port is 2683
- IP Addresses will remain whitelisted for 28 days. After that time, you will need to re-add your IP Address
Connecting to your hosting service via SSH
If you’re not sure how to connect to your web hosting service via SSH, you can follow these steps on how to use Putty to do so.