Taking a screenshot
Please follow the Official Microsoft Documentation on this process.
There are a couple of ways to take a screenshot in Windows 10. However, the easiest way is as follows.
- Press WINDOWS KEY + SHIFT + S at the same time
- This will open a simple interface, which allows you to click and drag over the area you want to take a screenshot of
- Once you release the mouse button, the interface will disappear. And the part of the screen you selected will be saved to your clipboard
- Click the Start Button to the bottom left of the screen, and open MS Paint or Paint 3D
- Press CTRL + V to paste the screenshot from your clipboard
- Save the image to your Desktop, or your desired folder
There are also a variety of methods on how to do this in Microsoft’s Windows 10 Documentation.
MacBook or Mac Desktop
Apple has a great guide on how to take a screenshot. Which we’d recommend following, as the process may change or be updated in the future.
Please refer to the official guide from Apple on how to take a screenshot.
Samsung has its own support article on how to take a screenshot on each type of device.
You can find that article here.
Sending The Screenshot To Us
Once you’ve taken the screenshot, you can send it to us via a new ticket or in a response to an existing one.
Attaching To A New Ticket
When submitting a new ticket you will be able to attach a screenshot by clicking Click here to attach a file in the submission form.
Attaching To An Existing Ticket
When responding to a ticket, you will see the same Click here to attach a file option just below box to type your reply at the bottom of the page.