Please note: While we do provide email setup support articles in our FAQ, our Technical Support team are unable to provide support for third party email software. We recommend contacting the software vendor for troubleshooting issues with these applications. Click here for the Mac Apps Support page.
Prior to setting up email on your device(s) you will need to do one of the following:
- Purchase cPanel shared hosting and setup any required mailbox(s) for your domain.
- Purchase and configure Business email hosting mailbox(s) for your domain.
Once you have created a mailbox using one of these methods you will be able to retrieve server settings from cPanel itself or if using Business email they will be on the welcome email we send out once your mailbox is configured.
With these details and the guide we provide below you should be able to complete setup on your device.
1. Open Mac Mail. Click Mail, then click Accounts.
2. Scroll down and select Add Other Account.
3. Click Mail account. You may need to scroll down again to see this option.
4. Enter your name (as you wish for it to show when you send out emails), your full email address and the password.
5. Enter in the incoming and outgoing server details as follows.
- Email Address: Your full email address needs to go here.
- Username: Your full email address needs to go here.
- Password: The password for your email account
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: This is the same as your cPanel hostname, or Dedicated Email Webmail address. For Example: b1s1-1b-syd.hosting-services.net.au OR syd1.email-hosting.net.au
- Outgoing Mail Server: This should be identical to the Incoming Mail Server Host Name.
If you receive a security warning, you can safely accept this.
Click Sign In.
6. Make sure Mail is ticked.. If you wish to associate notes with this account, you can turn this on using tickbox too.
7. Close the last window (adjust the account description if you like).
8. Voila! You should now be ready to start sending/receiving!
Still having issues getting setup?
As mentioned, Our support on issues using this software is limited. We are happy to verify you’ve put everything in the right place though.
Please submit an eTicket through to our technical support team with screenshots of the configurations you applied as per this article and we will let you know if anything has been missed. Past this you will need to follow our earlier suggestion of consulting the internet or looking into the vendors knowledge base. Click here for Microsoft Office Support.