Transferring an existing website from WordPress.com
Updated Wednesday January 13th 2021 / Category Web Hosting
Moving your blog from WordPress.com to VentraIP Australia is actually quite easy:
- First set up WordPress on your VentraIP Australia web hosting service.
- Login to your WordPress.com blog, go to Tools and select Export.
- Choose the free option, all content, and then click to download your export file.
- In the WordPress admin area of your VentraIP service, go to Tools and select Import.
- Choose WordPress and select the export download you made in step 3.
- You’ve now completed the migration of your data.
If you haven’t yet pointed your domain name to VentraIP Australia, this is now the time to complete that using the steps in this article.