How to connect to my VentraIP service via FTP using PHPStorm
Before proceeding, you will need to obtain your FTP Login Details. Once you have done that, you can follow these steps to connect via FTP using PHPStorm.
- Open PHPStorm
- Hold CTRL + ALT + S to open the settings menu
- Click on Build, Execution, Deployment
- Click Deployment
- Click on the + icon, then select FTPS
- A dialog box will appear, asking you for the new server name. This is where you would input the name for the deployment environment.
- Once you have done that, you will be prompted for the following information:
- Host (Server Address)
- Port (leave as the default, 21)
- Once you have inputted the information, click Test Connection. As long as the details are correct, you will be prompted with a message telling you the test was successful.
- Click Apply
Once you have done that, you can upload files/folders by right clicking on them, then selecting Deployment > Upload to…